Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

car accident

Can i still take someone to court even though i didnt served him and --name removed--didnt attend , and neither did I, would i still be able to take him to court?

Asked on 9/29/06, 5:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

Re: car accident

I suppose what you're asking is, suppose you filed a small claims action and no one attended the trial. In that situation, the court would dismiss the case without prejudice. You would be able to refile the case after paying a new fee, have the defendant served, and show up for trial -- assuming that two years from the accident have not yet passed. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/06, 6:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California