Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

A car ran a red light as i was crossing my green light. unfortunately i was not able to stop on time. i hit the car and my car suffered radiator damage. we have a witness that saw the other guy run the red light. what can i do. my car is in the tow yard waiting to get fixed. my insurance AAA doesnt wan to advocate for me. i already made a claim with the other guys insurance. what else do i do.will he pay the tow fees. help me

Asked on 10/10/10, 1:03 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

JULIEANN SAYEGH Law Offices of Julieann R. Sayegh

If the accident happened as you are describing above, the accident is clearly the other driver's fault. You should get the witnesses' information to have for your records. If you have property damage coverage under your own insurance policy, you can get the car fixed through your insurance and your insurance will then go after the responsible party's insurance carrier to collect a payment. If the accident is not your fault, normally your insurance company will waive the deductible.

In regards to the towing, normally yes they will pay for the towing fees. If you do not have a rental vehicle already they should also provide you with one OR give you a daily fee for your "loss of use." The insurance company is responsible for loss of use to your vehicle and should compensate you.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/10, 2:02 pm
Rodney Mesriani Mesriani Law Group

If there is an injury invloved please call us so we can assist you in making this claim. Our telephone number is (310) 826-6300.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/10, 3:10 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

Get the work done under your own insurance, then if there are non-covered expenses, go after the other driver.

Read more
Answered on 10/15/10, 5:32 pm

I agree with all of the answers that came before mine. If you were injured, it is wise to seek out representation in your local area. Remember pictures are worth a thousand words.


Read more
Answered on 10/18/10, 4:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California