Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My friend was in a very serious car accident. It was not his fault. He suffered A broken sternum, 15 broken ribs, a broken pelvis, 2 broken hips, a broken palate, 2 broken femurs, one of which was a compound fracture and a broken ankle. His truck was totalled. The other driver was at fault, and had been drinking and walked away without a scratch. He was not however over the legal limit for dui. He may not have been insured or so the insurance company is claiming that he missed a payment and was not covered? What can we do?

Asked on 1/15/10, 12:11 pm

5 Answers from Attorneys

Philip Iadevaia Law Offices of Philip A. Iadevaia

If the other driver had no liability insurance, he's got a problem. But even if he missed a payment, there may still be coverage for your claim. If there is no coverage, you will be left with suing the driver personally. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 12:17 pm
Barry Simon Law Office of Barry J. Simon

Does your friend have Uninsured Motorist Coverage and if so, how much?

Barry J. Simon, ESQ.

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 12:49 pm
Joe Marman Law Office of Joseph Marman

If the other person has no insurance, he is still liable, but most attorneys will not want to pursue the case, unless the defendant has significant assets or cash. If your friend has Uninsured Motorist coverage, his own insurance should cover the damages and compensation for medical bills and pains and suffering. I would be happy to help. I have an office in Orange County and in Sacramento. Call me at 916-721-3324 or email at [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 12:51 pm
Norman Gregory Fernandez, Esq. The Law Offices of Norman Gregory Fernandez & Associates

This is why you always must have uninsured motorist coverage!

What should you do? Call me for a free consultation ASAP at 800-816-1529 x.1. My firm handles car accident cases all over the State of California. I have offices in Southern and Northern California. You can check out my website at .

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 12:56 pm
Daniel Bakondi The Law Office of Daniel Bakondi

Depending on your own insurance, an attorney might be able to make a claim on that - I would have to see your own policy. Otherwise, you could hire an attorney to sue the other person, and their insurer might well step in. If interested in obtaining representation, give me a call or send me an email.


Daniel Bakondi

[email protected]

415 450 0424

No attorney-client nor confidential relationship is created through this communication. Nothing communicated or provided constitutes legal advice nor a legal opinion unless it so specifies and written agreement for attorney services has been entered into. Your issue may be time sensitive and may result in loss of rights if you do not act in time. Thank you.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/10, 1:29 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California