Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Musician sued for injury

What can a musician do to defend himself in a lawsuit involving an attendee at a dance who tripped on his own while dancing and fell into the musicians speaker,knocking it down on himself and now wants to sue the musician?. The attendee was witnessed as being inebriated.

Asked on 3/30/02, 11:13 am

4 Answers from Attorneys


Re: Musician sued for injury

If you have been served a summons and complaint, you must answer. Your answer must contain the appropriate affirmative defenses. In the discovery phase you may assert the facts supporting your position. Please get representation for your protection. Call me directly at (619) 222-3504.

Read more
Answered on 4/03/02, 12:41 pm
Ken Koury Kenneth P. Koury, Esq.

Re: Musician sued for injury

sounds like an easy case to defend but you need a lawyer. shit happens.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/02, 5:12 pm
Armen Tashjian Law Offices of Armen M. Tashjian

Re: Musician sued for injury

The plaintiff first has to prove that his injuries were caused by the musician's negligence. I'd recommend that musician hire counsel to defend him/her. (323)782-0099

Read more
Answered on 4/02/02, 5:21 pm
Victor Hobbs Victor E. Hobbs

Re: Musician sued for injury

Any lawsuit will probably be in Small Claims Court. If you play the place again. Take a camera and take some pictures on how you set up. Don't lose a lot of sleep over a drunk's threats to sue. Drunks don't usually get hurt when they fall down. And who is stupid enough to sue a musician. They don't have any money. The owner of the place is the one to sue if there is any liability for the drunk's fall. They have insurance to cover slip falls.

Read more
Answered on 4/02/02, 5:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California