Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Question about sueing another person

what is sueing for loss of earnig capacity...what does this mean?

Is loss of user of property the same as property damage?

What does sueing for general damage mean?

Asked on 7/15/01, 10:24 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alex Scheingross Law Offices of Alex B. Scheingross

Re: Question about sueing another person

Some quick definitions:

General damages: Usually this means pain, suffering, and emotional distress. It's something for which there is no universal way to measure in dollars.

Loss of earning capacity: the inability to work (or work as much) in the future

Loss of use: inability to receive the benefit from a piece of property (real or personal). For example if your car was wrecked and you couldn't drive it for 2 weeks while it was being repaired, you would have damages for loss of use.

Read more
Answered on 7/16/01, 6:16 pm

Re: Question about sueing another person

If you have been seriously injured,then seek representation. The trend of the public to access the courts unrepresented is foolish and a great miscarriage of justice will ensue as well as injury to judicial economy.

Read more
Answered on 7/17/01, 1:26 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California