Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

Slip&Fall and disabled

Slipped on a cardboard 8x10 sheet on a highly

waxed floor at a Chain stationary supply store.

overweight and I am disabled and on Social Security

for my disability. My concern is since i am on several

medications will this be used against me...

seeing a doctor and have been given medication for

the back pain. I have a mental health disability and

i am afraid they may use this in court.

Thank you

Asked on 5/31/01, 5:24 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jeffrey Zinder Zinder & Koch

Re: Slip&Fall and disabled

You are right to be concerned. I have assisted in hundreds of these cases and the rule of law is that you must use extra caution if you are under a known disability. All of your pre-existing conditions will be used against you, but can also be used by you if your condition was worsened. You should seek counsel.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/01, 6:01 pm

Re: Slip&Fall and disabled

It sounds like a most unfortunate matter. Does it effect your walking? Lost earning capacity, medical bills, future medical costs, and, pain and suffering are awardable. You need to obtain representation immediately so as to have the insurance company set the reserve at the hightest level. The insurance companies have attorneys to protect their rights, why don't you have one to protect your son's rights? Please contact me directly at (619) 222-3504.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/01, 6:53 pm
John Bisnar Bisnar & Chase, LLP

Re: Slip&Fall and disabled

Normally the defense will use every perceived and or imagined disability against a plaintiff who brings a claim for compensation for injuries. Your situation will be no exception.

A skilled personal injury attorney will know how to make each of these disabilites work for you, rather than against you. Seek out a personal injury expert.

John Bisnar, Bisnar & Chase LLP, Personal Injury Attorneys & Counselors at Law, www.,, 800-956-0123

Read more
Answered on 6/05/01, 8:56 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California