Legal Question in Personal Injury in California


Me(Passanger) and a friend of mine(Driver), were pulld off on the freeway shoulder, with emergency lights on , we were standing outside the vehicle waiting for a tow truck, when we were hit by a drunk driver from the back. I was sent to the emergency room and sufferd a broken collar bone, and I just finished chiropractic, and will need surgery. My friend was also hurt, but was arrested for "Wet reckless driving that night. And we both hired the same attorney. The driver of the vehicle that hit us was arrested for DUI and was insured by Allsate. He was at fault and the cause of the accident in the police report.

And also the driver who hit us was driving a 2012 MERCEDES, and I was cosiderd a pedestrian since I wasn't in the vehicle at the time.

What kind of liability insurance does he most likely have?

Asked on 7/04/13, 2:06 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Stone-Molloy The Lion's Law Office

There is no way to know what his policy limits are unless either: a) he agrees to release the information; or b) a lawsuit is filed and the information is demanded in discovery.

In my practice, I look at the year, make and model of the car, and also I do a property search to see if the subject owns a home, and if so, what kind of value it has. It's amazing what you can find out about people. Their profession might be an indicator too (if they have one!).

Just him being in a '12 MBZ doesn't say a lot. He probably doesn't have a minimum policy, but it could be as low as $25k. He could be the kind of guy that lives in a cheap apartment and puts all his money into leasing a flashy car. Seems like that would fit well with him being DUI, doesn't it?

Anyway, let's talk about this in more detail over the phone. Feel free to give me a call at (877) LION-FOR-LAW (546-6367)

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 2:15 pm

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

You should be asking the attorney you said you hired. Only he would know.

If serious about getting an attorney who will help you so that you don't have to ask strangers, feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 7/07/13, 1:42 am
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

It would be impossible to tell you what type of policy a negligent driver has unless he releases that information, or you get it though discovery, after filing a lawsuit.

Please allow me the opportunity to give you a free consultation. My telephone number is, 877.505.INJURY (4658).

Read more
Answered on 7/09/13, 2:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California