Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My vehicle registration has become delinquent and I have now been charged with a fee to pay DMV. Is there any way that it can be wavered or dismissed because of a hardship . At the time I was hospitalized and bedridden. I could not get to DMV to pay the fees nor was I in any condition to address the matter. Please help.

Asked on 2/15/19, 6:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless

The easy answer is NO.


DMV is a typical bloated govt bureaucracy, not interested in financial 'hardship' of you or anyone else. Plus, the govt believes that driving on public roads is a privilege to be granted and regulated by an oh so wise govt bureaucracy, which you earn by paying their numerous fees [and salaries], not a free citizen's 'right' that you can assert to them as a justification for sympathy or hardship waiver. If the bureaucracy let you or others away with not paying, who would pay their salaries?

Sorry, but the rest of us are all in the same boat in a sea of govt regulations.

Read more
Answered on 2/16/19, 1:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California