Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

My wife was hurt on her job with a dislocated shoulder.the employer had her return to work via the docs ok.shewas concerned at the time that something wasnt right and the injury felt unhealed.She went back to work and left the company a month later.The employers insurer denied her request to see a specialist.Its been a year now and in that time her shoulder has popped out 3 more times and required painful e r visits each time.She is unable to work from the injury recurring so often and is going to require surgery on the shoulder.Is the former employer responsible at all??

Asked on 7/04/16, 2:05 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Lyle Johnson Bedi and Johnson Attorneys at Law

Contact an attorney that does workers compensation cases.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/16, 5:34 pm
David Lupoff Law Offices of David B. Lupoff

The fact that your wife treated could extend the one year statue to 5 years. If your wife walked through my door, based upon the information you wrote, I would probably represent her.

Unfortunately you're too far for me to rep. I would seek local work comp counsel.

Good luck

Read more
Answered on 7/04/16, 5:55 pm

The former employer is still responsible for all the original injuries. Your wife needs to retain an attorney and start treatment with a doctor from network. She can still receive disability benefits if the treating doctor recommends it. The treating doctor also can request authorization for surgery if your wife additional surgeries. She is also entitled to receive a settlement for her permanent disabilities and cost of future medical treatment. Feel free to call me at 213-388-7070 for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 7/05/16, 9:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California