Legal Question in Personal Injury in California

It has been three years in a personal injury case. I just found out my case was consolidated with another persons, how can I unconsolidated the case?

Asked on 5/12/12, 4:40 pm

Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

The Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi has over 20 years of experience helping victims of automobile, motorcycle, pedestrian, slip-and-fall accidents and much more all over California. We can help you recover for your pain and suffering and other losses and expenses. No recovery No fee. Visit our website or call us for a free consultation about your case at 1-800-LAW-TALK.

Find Experienced Personal Injury Attorneys

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert F. Cohen Law Office of Robert F. Cohen

If the facts are completely different -- i.e. a different accident -- you can petition the court to sever (or bifurcate) the cases. Usually, if your injuries are the result of the same accident, it makes sense to try the cases together so the decision will be consistent regarding who was at fault. You can present your own set of damages -- i.e. injuries and personal property damages, which the trier of fact usually is asked to determine for each person based upon their specific evidence.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/12, 7:30 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in California