Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

HOA Landscaper damaged a 25-year-old decorative tree on private property. Do we sue the landscaper direct, or doe it go through the HOA. or is a Home Owners Insurance Claim.

Asked on 5/30/22, 10:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Start with a homeowners' insurance claim. If it's covered they will compensate you and then decide who to sue to recoup the payment if anyone. If not covered, sue both landscaper and HOA since the landscaper is directly responsible and the HOA is responsible because landscaper was their agent.

Read more
Answered on 5/31/22, 5:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California