Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

both my ex husband and myself are on the title to my mobile home. I live in it and have for years now. Are both signatures required to sell it or can I sell it myself ? He will be going to jail soon for harassing me and spousal abuse. The names are printed on the title without an "and" or an "or"...just the names.

Asked on 6/25/22, 7:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

No designation will be treated as "and" by the HDC. Title should have been granted to one or the other of you in the divorce and HDC title changed at that time. Since that was not done, you will either need his signature to sell, or you will have to go back to the divorce court to have it granted to you and then you can sell it with only your signature.

Read more
Answered on 6/26/22, 10:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California