Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

I inherited a house which was owned free and clear I had a lawyer help me through probate and paid of taxes and everything was put in my name and I have a the grant deed. I recently went for a home loan of credit and they are telling me theres a lien on the house, but the loan company that put it is no longer around. And I'm pretty sure it was just left after being paid off. What do I do?

Asked on 10/24/22, 7:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

You need to work with the lender to have the title company who will be handling the escrow for the LOC record a Release of Obligation pursuant to California Civil Code section 2941(b)(3).

Read more
Answered on 10/25/22, 10:51 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California