Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

a landowner on a private road refuses to pay a proportional share of road repair, recourse?

Asked on 4/07/19, 11:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bryan Whipple Bryan R. R. Whipple, Attorney at Law

As usual with neighbor disputes, you should start with efforts to negotiate, maybe including suggesting mediation or even arbitration; then add the threat of suit. Be familiar with any past contracts, deeds, etc. relating to ownership, easement(s) and use of the road. Also, be aware that maintenance responsibility sometimes is apportioned on an estimated use basis, rather than in equal shares.

Read more
Answered on 4/07/19, 11:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California