Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

My Partner of many years recently passed away. His brother, the main beneficiary of my partner's estate, is questioning the will that leaves me the house my partner and I shared and is trying to remove me from the house and take possession of it. The will also distributes a number of cash or property gifts to others including a considerable CD left to me.

Asked on 3/17/19, 12:11 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

You certainly need legal representation. Depending on the facts, expert testimony on your behalf may be required. Your options depend to some extent on whether you petitioned for probate and who is appointed executor or administrator of the estate. To state the obvious, the validity of the will is key.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/19, 12:18 pm
Timothy McCormick Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services

You haven’t asked a question. This is a Q&A service. You’ll need to post a question.

Read more
Answered on 3/17/19, 4:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California