Legal Question in Real Estate Law in California

If there are four sisters but father wants to give more property to older sister so I can do Case in court for equal distribution

Asked on 10/15/21, 12:33 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Haapala, Thompson & Abern, LLP

No. The only way you are entitled to equal distribution is if the father dies with no will and no trust in place. As long as he is alive he can do anything he wants with his property, and he can make a will or trust that distributes his property any way he wants when he dies.

Read more
Answered on 10/16/21, 10:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in California