Legal Question in Tax Law in California

W-2 form

I worked for a temporary agency last year in California. They dropped the ball in sending me my W-2 They are claiming it was sent but I never received it and it was never returned or forwarded. They refuse to send a copy saying that payroll hasn't sent it. And they refuse to give me their tax id number. What are my legal options. Can I sue?

Asked on 3/16/04, 2:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: W-2 form

Tell them that you will report them to the IRS for failing to send a W-2 on a timely basis, and then they will need to prove to them that they have done so.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/04, 3:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in California