Legal Question in Traffic Law in California

I currently have 2 warrants for a FTA in King County and Indio C.A. I had lost my job and was unable to pay for the fines which was 1 for speeding and the other for driving without a license. What are the chances the judge will send me to jail? and for how long? Is there anything I can do such as filing a paper or telling the judge to help me avoid jail because I do have a 3 yrd old that I share custody of.

Asked on 7/01/13, 10:46 am

Experienced California Attorneys

At the Law Offices of Eslamboly & Barlavi we handle most types of Personal Injury Cases and Tort cases including: automobile, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, bike, and slip and fall accidents, dog bites, wrongful death, legal malpractice, medical malpractice and products liability cases. We only get paid if we recover compensation for you. Visit our website or call 1-800-LAW-TALK.

For more information visit us at

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I am not familiar with those courts. I think if you go in with an attorney you have a good chance of staying out of jail, but that assumes no priors etc. You may be able to do community service instead of paying the fines. Attorneys that appear in those courts should be able to give you a better answer. The local bar association should be able to refer you to someone.

Read more
Answered on 7/04/13, 5:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Traffic Law questions and answers in California