Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

In California, how to obtain copy of living trust and will of deceased brother

Asked on 4/13/18, 11:24 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

When a Trust becomes irrevocable, like when your brother died, the successor trustee is required to send copies to beneficiaries and heirs at law. If your brother was married and/or had children you would not be an heir at law. So if you are not a beneficiary you would not be entitled to a copy. Now if you believe you are his heir at law and never received a copy, you should consult with an attorney to protect your rights.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/18, 12:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California