Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

how can I get a copy of my family's living trust that I am a beneficiary of. my dad died in 2018. My step mother is not willing to dicuss it. I have the name and address of the Law firm that handles it in Santa Rosa ,Ca.

Asked on 12/11/19, 11:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

If part of the trust became irrevocable upon your father's death (or your mother's death, if she and your dad did the trust together), you are entitled to a copy of the terms of the trust. Make the request in writing to your stepmother and cc: her attorney. However, if you never received a "Trustee Notice" it is possible that the trust remains 100% revocable and in that case you are not entitled to see it, or to remain a beneficiary.

Read more
Answered on 12/11/19, 11:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California