Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I am the executor to my mothers estate it's under $150k..She has an IRA account and listed her estate as the only beneficiary.

The 'financial institution' is requesting a'letter of testamentary".I'm in Los Angeles. Is this required? What forms are needed to get the estate in my name? Thanks

Asked on 9/20/22, 2:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy McCormick Schneider, Holtz & Hutchison

Yes it is required. You will need to work through the probate court. You can hire a lawyer, though for a small estate that's probably not practical, or you can use the resources here:

Read more
Answered on 9/21/22, 9:17 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California