Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My mother passed away and in her will she did not leave my older sister and I anything. She left everything to my younger handicapped sister. but recently 500,000 was found that was not in her will. It was money that was my fathers and grandfathers. Are my sister and I entitled to a part of this money.? Also I just received Notice of Petition to Administer Estate, are these two connectedin some what.

Asked on 2/11/18, 2:33 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

Maybe. I recommend that you have a lawyer look at the paperwork.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/18, 2:40 pm
Gerald Dorfman Dorfman Law Office

It depends on what the will said (like whether you were mentioned at all or simply left out), and in what form the money was held, such as a trust, bank account, etc. You do really need to have a probate attorney look into this, and quickly.

Read more
Answered on 2/11/18, 3:54 pm
Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

The money may have started out as your father's or grandfather's but as noted above you will need an attorney to sort out the facts as to how the account was titled, how your father's will (if any) disposed of his estate, etc...

Read more
Answered on 2/11/18, 5:27 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California