Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

I currently reside in CA, own 2 rental properties in FL and TX. i plan on setting up a Living Trust in which these 2 properties are included. At the same time, i plan on setting up Quit Claim Deeds to transfer the 2 properties to the Living Trust. Is this a good way to avoid probate? Do I need to set up a warranty deed? I still have outstanding mortgage balances on both properties. Do i have to pay for any additional payment to the counties?

Asked on 11/27/17, 4:38 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Aaron Feldman Feldman Law Group

Different states have different ways of handling and naming Deeds. I would strongly encourage you to work with an Estate planning attorney to make sure all of your assets are properly titled into the Trust.

Read more
Answered on 11/27/17, 4:58 pm
Kai Wessels, Esq. Wessels Law Firm

A trust does indeed avoid probate in California. As Aaron stated above, you really need an estate planning attorney to properly assist you in setting up a trust. Thus you should contact an attorney in your area to assist you further. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 11/28/17, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California