Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in California

My spouse died 1/16/2020. We were separated. I live in California, he in Florida. Has no will but he was staying with a friend in Arizona. He decided to try and drive to Indiana to be with family. Got sick in Jonesboro Arkansas... was hospitalized for 2 weeks where I placed him on hospice. His ex companion made it the last day he was alive, after his death, she went to a funeral home contacted his father who is ill and wasn't speaking to my husband at the time. She had him cremated and on the death certificate it said spouse unknown....which she has been in contact with me. I had it changed today and have a sealed copy. She has filed a probate case on February 5th wanting to be administrator. Neither I or his 2 children are ok with this. He has property that his mother left him. I need legal assistance asap.

Asked on 2/11/20, 8:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michele Cusack Pollak & Cusack

You need an attorney in the state and county where the probate was filed, which according to your facts should not be California.

Read more
Answered on 2/12/20, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in California