Legal Question in Workers Comp in California

In July, I was hurt on the job in Texas, while the workers comp claim was open (August) I was accepted for another position in California. The company said making the move would not affect my workers comp., and I could work under reduced time and duties since I can't walk. However, I may now need surgery and Walmart is saying they are going to post my position if I cannot return to work full time in 12 days. What can I do.

Asked on 12/05/11, 4:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nancy Wallace Nancy Wallace Atty at Law

FIND A TEXAS (yes, only Texas!!!) Workers Compensation Attorney immediately. Find a Specialist in Workers Compensation certified by the Texas State Bar Association (don't choose those TV "Fight For You" guys because they only close the case quickly to keep their cash flow up to cover the expense of the TV ads).

State Bar of Texas lists its Workers' Comp attorneys in one convenient place: Make your explanation directly to the point:

...."Walmart is terminating me Dec. 17 for failure to return to full duty and I need help in securing both the job and the surgery immediately."

Here's the website: go to find a lawyer and search by practice area ... workers' comp is at the very bottom of the practice areas.

Read more
Answered on 12/06/11, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in California