Legal Question in Tax Law in Colorado

501(c)(3) charities

Can a convicted felon recieve a 501(c)(3) irs status or work for a 501(c)(3) charity ?

Asked on 9/25/07, 6:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kreig Mitchell Law Office of Kreig Mitchell LLC

Re: 501(c)(3) charities

A felon could apply to have an entity that he or she is associated with qualified as a federally tax exempt entity and, as far as the IRS is concerned, the felon could work for the tax exempt entity (I suppose there could be an issue if his or her conviction disqualified the entity from carrying out its exept function, such as a convicted sex offender working for a non-profit that provides services directly to children, etc.).

Kreig Mitchell

Read more
Answered on 9/25/07, 6:24 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Tax and Taxation Law questions and answers in Colorado