Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Colorado

I am a senior on disability 63 years old. I will have to be surrendering my 2010 toyota Corolla because the payment $270 and the insurance $300 a month has just become too much for a person on a fixed income. I will get billed the difference by the bank. In addition, I joined National Debt Relief with $6,000 debt. but can no longer afford that monthly payment. The problem started in 2015 when I had to get my son through college. He is high functioning asperger. Has a minimum wage job so going to school which was very difficult for him did not help at all. I'm basically still supporting him. I declared Chapter 7 in 2013. Should I do Chapter 7 again or chapter 13 for about $12,000 credit card, medical and some little bills. I am in Colorado do I need an attorney? IO want to keep 3 credit cards. Not sure what to do?

Asked on 1/06/20, 9:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

William Foster Consumer Law Pro

I recommend you file another chapter 7. You need to wait 8 years from the last chapter 7 bankruptcy which, if you filed in 2013, will be sometime this year. Do not get talked into a chapter 13.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/20, 11:16 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Colorado