Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Colorado

i was employed and a was a supervisor and an employee said i was being racist towards him i was fired and so was he now i want to go after him for claiming i was racist on false pretenses and defacing my name

Asked on 12/04/15, 10:32 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

You can file a lawsuit for defamation. You can expect the cost to do this will likely exceed $5,000, but if you want to invest the money, believe you can prove that the employee made false statements of fact, and believe that the unemployed former employee has assets for earnings from which you will be able to collect a judgment, then you should hire an attorney at once.

Read more
Answered on 12/05/15, 7:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Colorado