Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

childsupport /not abiding to court order

My current order states my ex is to pay for our 3 childrens health insurance. He is in arrs of over $4000.00. He had a policy for the children for only a few months. It was cancelled because he did not pay. I took my oldest child the doctor, Where her dad had was suppose to have coverage. Then I found out it was cancelled. She needed to be seen and she had stitches. When the bill for the services came, I had them send it to him. Appartently it went to collections and settled for a lesser amount. I have accrued dental expenses for the 2 other children. I sent him a bill for reimburstment. Our order states 50/50 split. He then sent me a bill saying I owe him. He's behind in child support/alimony and won't reimburse me? What are my legal rights for the medical? Thank you for your time and help.


Asked on 11/25/06, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Theodore Watson Watson and Associates, LLC

Re: childsupport /not abiding to court order

Without seeing the court orders. If the order specifically states that he is supposed to do something and he does not then he is in violation orf the court order. You can possibly petition the court to enforce the order.

Read more
Answered on 11/25/06, 6:22 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado