Legal Question in Family Law in Colorado

My wife moved with my daughter and filled for divorce in a different county. While preceedings were going on I had set visitation. She dropped the court case though. She has threatened to move out of state before. Now I can't reach her and I am supposed to be serving her my own divorce paperwork and today is when I pick up my child for my usual visitation. Can she legally move without notifying me and to an undisclosed location with my child? I live in Colorado.

Asked on 12/08/16, 2:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Stephen Harkess Colorado Legal Solutions

Once you get the divorce paperwork served, she will not be able to legally move the child out of state without your agreement or a court order.

Read more
Answered on 12/08/16, 6:36 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Colorado