Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado


Wanted to know how to stay at my rental even thow i havent payed rent served a 3day notice what forms will i need to stay on propaty till i find new rental

Asked on 1/05/02, 10:45 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Louise Aron Attorney at Law


Louise Aron

Attorney at Law

Lakewood Office:

1536 South Ingalls

Lakewood, Colorado 80232 USA

(303) 922 7687

fax (303) 922-1370

Cherry Creek Office:

300 South Jackson #100

Denver, Colorado 80209 USA

(303) 780-7339

Satellite offices:

Boulder - 4450 Arapahoe Avenue, #100

DTC - 4610 South Ulster, #150

A TOLL FREE NUMBER is available to clients outside the Denver metro area.

My email: [email protected]

My web site

LawGuru User

Dear LawGuru User:

For some reason this message was given to me as a Colorado matter. If you are not in Colorado, please ignore this message.

I do not have expertise in this area (I practice real estate law, not landlord/tenant law).

However, a search for "renters rights Colorado" or "tenants rights Colorado" on the internet will give you quite a bit of information. Also, tenants with low incomes who are Denver residents may contact the Legal Aid Society of Metropolitan Denver, which I think has a program which makes attorneys available to them.

Thank you for using LawGuru.


Louise Aron

Attorney at Law

Read more
Answered on 1/07/02, 12:57 pm
Ken Koenen Koenen & Tokunaga, P.C.

Re: evictions

A check book?

Seriously, the landlord needs to file an Unlawfuld Detainer action against you, which will give you 5 days to respond. If you respond, a hearing will be held within 20 days. If you lose at the hearing, the landlord will get a judgment, and if you don't move out, the sheriff will come an help you.

Finding a new rental will not be easy when a new landlord runs a credit check and finds an unlawful detainer action was filed against you.

My recommendation is to go to your landlord and explain whatever your situation is. Find a new place, pronto! Work with your current landlord regarding getting him paid.

Read more
Answered on 1/05/02, 12:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado