Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Colorado

If I wrote out a check in regards to earnest money on the purchase of a new home and it was contingent on old home selling and pulled out of contract due to old home falling out of contract, am I entitled to my earnest money back? If so, how long do they have, to give me my money back?

Asked on 6/13/13, 3:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

Your contract should have been made entirely conditional. If all you did was make a deposit and sign a contract without this express condition, you may have problems. Speak with an attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 7:44 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Colorado