Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Colorado

Do I have the right to object to the transfer of my mother's house in probate? Will states property to be divided equally between 4 sisters. 2 sisters are joint executors; allowed 3rd sister to live rent free in the house for past 2 years. Now have transferred the house to their 3 joint names, over my objections, using their "inheritance" portion of the house as part of the purchase price (which is below market value due to the damage caused to the house by 3rd sister and her family). Are there any legal steps I can take to change this situation?

Asked on 3/27/16, 5:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Murillo Pivotal Legal Ltd.

I am sorry about the problems. You have several rights, in Colorado, under your facts. First off, you may demand an accounting and challenge a final settlement based on allowing one of the sisters to stay rent free. If the will clearly states that the house is to distributed to you four equally they can't just take that portion.

You need to retain an attorney immediately. This is not something that you can do yourself and that attorney can challenge the distribution, failure to collect rent, and this action. Start contacting attorney ASAP.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/16, 6:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Colorado