Legal Question in Disability Law in Connecticut


my daughter was interviewed by her boss when there was money missing form the cash register. she told him she did take about $60.00. he claimed she took that plus $185 at another time. after he continued to press the issue she said yes she had taken other money. it fact tho she had not. the police where called and she has a court appearance on 2/4/08 in new milford conn. what should she do? does it make a difference if it is 60 or 240 dollars?? i want to go and talk to her boss? she has no money to pay for a lawyer. should i look into a public defender or just plead guilty and pay when she can. she is 24 and this is her first time in trouble and everyone at her job liked her.

Asked on 1/27/08, 5:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nicholas Adamucci ADAMUCCI, LLC

Re: theft

If you cannot afford a private lawyer, I would recommend applying for a public defender. Do not simply plead guilty without consulting counsel. If you need further help, you can email me at [email protected].

Read more
Answered on 1/28/08, 12:51 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Connecticut