Legal Question in Criminal Law in Connecticut

My ex girlfriend is suing me in civil court claims I stole money and jewelry from her which is not true. However she is looking for over 100,000 triple damages. I don’t have any money

Asked on 4/14/18, 6:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

On the bright side, you sound like you may be judgment proof. On the downside, if she gets judgment against you, she will be able to execute on your bank account, garnish your wages, and/ or lien your property. If you are real lucky and depending on how the complaint is written, you may be eligible for chapter 7 bankruptcy, but its unlikely if she is alleging theft and can prove it. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/02/18, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Connecticut