Legal Question in Family Law in Connecticut

My wife is behaving in a manner that is not of a wife, she is receiving and sending sexual messages with different men on social media, she doesn't be conjugal with me,only when she feels like it which sometimes mite be 3 months or more without sex, she doesn't spend anytime whatsoever with me, we can never agree to disagree, she always starts unnecessary loud verbally abusive arguments which she will say things like " I don't have a life since I got married ", could I file for divorce and will I be granted the custody of my one child I have with her because as a man who loves his family,i am very saddened to have reached to this point. We are together for 8years and married for 2 years.

Asked on 1/17/18, 9:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

It sounds as if you have very few options left. In my experience a leopard does not change its spots. If she is cheating on you now, she is going to keep on cheating. You need a divorce, most likely. You can get joint custody but unless she is a danger to your child, (ie. involved in drugs or other criminal activity) it is highly unlikely that you get sole custody. I wish you the best of luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/19/18, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Connecticut