Legal Question in Insurance Law in Connecticut

received my flood insurance claim check. It was payable to me 'and' the mortgage holder. the flood damage was to my personal items, furnaces, and hot water heaters. I understand the mortgage company has an interest the structural parts of the house. Are the furnaces and hot water heaters considered structural? I paid for both the furnaces and hot water heaters,

Asked on 10/23/21, 8:23 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

I am not certain. I think you need to have a conversation with the insurance adjuster and /or a mortgage company representative. My partner Christopher Hite often deals with these types of issues. Please call and he will be happy to answer further questions 203-870-6700

Read more
Answered on 10/27/21, 10:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Connecticut