Legal Question in Personal Injury in Connecticut

My adult son who is living with us was angry at me because I didn't give him money. I heard him from outside his room talking about create an accident at home then sue me for money with someone on phone. Just wondering was there any such case, and do I liable for his injury, if he lived in my house. I'm live in CT.

Asked on 8/19/17, 7:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg, Miller, Hite & Morilla, LLC

If you have reason to believe that your adult son is going to cause harm to you or someone else for the purpose of fraudulently obtaining insurance proceeds you should contact the police as this is a criminal matter. You should document everything and make sure you speak with the authorities. By asking this question in a public forum you have already taken the first step. Now, you need to make sure your son does not do something stupid because there will be a trail of evidence leading to him.

Read more
Answered on 8/31/17, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Connecticut