Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Connecticut

im owner of aboat slip in a dockaminium we have a costly dredging problem which we have paid dearly in our com. fees for 20 years now want spec assmt of 1290.00 to try a more complete job. we were previeously told the maint. dredging was keeping up with depth we have to pay this extra charge if we alreadt include a large fee in our monthly common charge?

Asked on 2/13/19, 7:31 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Max Rosenberg Rosenberg,Whewell, & Hite, LLC

It sounds as though you are being assessed a special assessment. You should look at the bylaws of the company and see if there was an open hearing with the board of directors and whether there is an appeals process.

Read more
Answered on 2/18/19, 12:54 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Connecticut