Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

I am the executor and beneficiary of an insolvent estate from my father. I want to retain the house however it is amid foreclosure. Owed is 301k and the value is 303k. I have the sufficient income myself to make the payments so how do I keep the house which is also my residence. As I cant make payments because it will create equity in the estate thus becoming not insolvent.

Asked on 4/16/12, 5:04 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

Buy the house from the estate and get your own mortgage.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/12, 7:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut