Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

My sister and I inherited my mothers house. What is the best way to hold it? We both do not have children. She is married. I am thinking it should be jJoint tenancy with right of survivorship/

Asked on 3/16/12, 1:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

Jt tenency w/ survivor is fine if you each want the other to have your share upon passing. If you want someone else to get your share, you must have it as tenants in common.

Read more
Answered on 3/16/12, 7:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut