Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Connecticut

my mother recently passed away, there is only my sister and I , so the will reads 50/50. my sister does not want the house, I do so I will have to buy her half out. I would like to get a home equity instead of a mortage but for me to do this I need my name on the deed. Is there a way to do this ?

Asked on 2/13/12, 5:23 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Heffernan Heffernan Legal Group, LLP

You'll need to open the estate for your mother and have the property deeded to you by way of a fiduciary's deed. Depending on what's in the estate, you may need to have a mutual distribution agreement drawn up between you and your sister.

Read more
Answered on 2/13/12, 6:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Connecticut