Legal Question in Immigration Law in District of Columbia

hello my name is gilberto i come to here wit out visa now i am marrie to a citizen we have 3 kids born in here what do i have to do for my b legal

Asked on 8/06/10, 11:35 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Luba Smal Smal Immigration Law Office

If you came to USA without a visa, you will have to go back to your home country and possibly face a 10 year ban on admission. If your waiver and a visa are approved, then you can come back to USA.

As a person who came to USA illegally (without inspection), you are not eligible for a green card through 'adjustment of status', unless protected under INA 245i.

If you would like to request a confidential legal advice or schedule telephone or email consultation regarding your specific situation, please email me directly at Attorney @ and I will send you a Questionnaire. Office Telephone line is 1-402-210-2040 (please EMAIL first to schedule a consultation appointment). I am an immigration attorney and work with clients from all States and globally. More information at

Note: The above response is provided for legal information purposes only and should not be considered a legal advice; it doesn’t create an attorney-client relationship. For more information or to schedule a consultation, please visit

Read more
Answered on 8/12/10, 9:17 am
Lani Nau American Immigration Services, PLLC

Did you enter with a border card or any proof that you were inspected at the Border? If not, then the answer above applies to you. IF you did, you are eligible to file for a green card here in the U.S., but more information is definitely needed in your case.


Read more
Answered on 11/17/10, 11:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in District of Columbia