Legal Question in International Law in District of Columbia

I am wondering if you could answer a question for me. I am living in the UK. I have a county court judgement against a company in the UK.

This company is currently on a case docket in Washington DC, brought about by the Attorney General there. It's basically a USA v company case, with criminal charges of the following:

18:1960(a); MONETARY LAUNDERING; Operation of an Unlicensed Money Transmission Business.


I have been following the case on PACER. The USA government has ordered HSBC UK to freeze this company's UK bank account pending investigation.

As I have contact details of the ADA in charge of the case, am I legally allowed to contact her to say the UK courts have awarded me the amount owed to me by this company, but their freeze on the bank account means I cannot get paid?

Asked on 5/24/19, 7:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

So yes, there is no bar to contacting the Asst. US Attorney. You may have the right to file a claim to some of the funds, either in the US or British courts, but you will probably need a lawyer in one or both jurisdictions to do that. I would suggest contacting a solicitor in the UK, but make sure you don't miss any claim deadlines in the US case.

Read more
Answered on 5/24/19, 11:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More International Law questions and answers in District of Columbia