Legal Question in Personal Injury in District of Columbia

I had an accident on a DC Metro bus to day. The driver was making a hard turn and a car tried to cut him off. The driver had to step on the breaks and me and my 20 month old daughter tubled and rolled to the front of the bus. It was not tha bus drivers fault but now I can't go into work for eight days because of back problems but I won't get payed. Can is sue metro for thos days of pay with out harming the drivers carrer ?

Asked on 1/10/11, 5:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Phillip M. Cook Cook Legal Services, LLC

You don't say whether the other driver stopped (was there actually contact between the car and the Metro bus?). Yes, you can file a claim with Metro. They may pay you a small sum to settle. If it is not enough, you will be left with the option of suing. Sure would help to find the negligent driver. Also, if you were standing in the aisle with your 20 month old daughter when the incident occurred, it will be hard for you to argue that you didn't assume the risk of injury by standing before the bus came to a complete stop. Your best bet is to hire a personal injury attorney to represent you. Many will work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they don't get paid unless you get paid, and then only a percentage of your winnings.

Best of luck.******The above is for informational purposes only and does not create an attorney-client privilege.*******

Read more
Answered on 1/16/11, 1:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in District of Columbia