Legal Question in Real Estate Law in District of Columbia

I have just discovered that my elderly father is listed as a homeowner in DC. My father suffers from dementia and only remembers being told he was signing documents as a witness to the purchase more than 12 years ago. Will he need an attorney to have the occupant removed from the home or what papers need to be filed to allow my father to claim his property?

Asked on 5/14/20, 11:11 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Press Chung & Press, P.C.

Have an attorney look at ths deed and other land records and see what is there. Without that there is not enough information to properly advise what to do. Many attorneys (myself included) would do that initial review and an initial online or phone consultation free of charge.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/20, 3:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in District of Columbia