Legal Question in Real Estate Law in District of Columbia

I inherited a house from my mother, via a joint tenancy deed. My siblings argued that mom didn't own the property by herself, because she did't shear joint tenancy with her husband, the previous owner of the house. My guardian settled the case, because she was unsure of mom's ownership too. I was 17. Six months after I turned 18 I found a recorded T by E deed listing mom's husband as grantor, and mom as grantee. My guardian has no excuse for not finding the deed. Furthermore, I suspect that my bother and sister knew about the deed, but hid it from the court. Considering the fact that I was a minor at the time, do I have a right to reopen the case under Civil Rule 60(b)(7), since time has expired for any other subdivisions of Rule 60(b)?

Asked on 11/27/11, 9:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence Holzman Holzman Law Firm, LLC

I'm not sure about reopening -- i think the actions of your guardian bind you. But, if you guardian was negligent, then you may have a claim against the guardian.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/11, 12:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in District of Columbia