Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Florida

Due to the fact that I did not fully understand that in my Ch 7 bankruptcy case (should have asked my attorney before), a bankruptcy "estate" is created, and the trustee controls all my assets now under this "estate". Well, knowing this well after I filed my case, I now would like to ask the trustee if he can consider dismissing my case if I can prove to him that I will come up with the full payment of my debt to my suing creditor by a specified date. As I understand that is the main goal of a trustee is to get the creditor paid back. I really want to maintain control of my assets if at all possible through an agreement, and of course I would sign a court document to that effect. Any other suggestions on ways to get my case dismissed without prejudice? Thanks very much. CW.

Asked on 8/20/17, 6:21 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

R. Jason de Groot R. Jason de Groot, P.A.

No, there is not a way to get the case dismissed by the trustee. You have an attorney, discuss all issues in your case with the attorney that you hired.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/17, 5:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Florida