Legal Question in Consumer Law in Florida

My ex-co-worker has an auction license and he said he can give us a great deal on a car for my wife and I. He searched for us and found what we wanted. We wrote up a contract about the money that was given to him to buy the vehicle and had it notarized. After he said the car was going to be shipped from Virginia to Miami for us to pick it up and do a title transfer we have not heard from him or been able to find him at home. I am at the point now where I just want my money back and will take my business elsewhere. What do I do?

Asked on 1/04/10, 10:27 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Alan Wagner Wagner McLaughlin, P.A.

Well, you need to find him first. Call. Call a lot, until you get him. Go to his house and wait for him. Go during the evening. Go at night. Whether you can get your money back will depend on if he has bought the car and what your contract says, specifically. If he has stolen your money, call the police.

Read more
Answered on 1/09/10, 10:43 am
Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

The good news is that you have it all in writing. If he is a coworker, find out if he left the job. If he did, then you have a problem. See the police and an attorney. Want to know the law without going to law school? Protect yourself against ripoffs? Sign up for a free legal newsletter on various areas of consumer law by going to

Read more
Answered on 1/11/10, 7:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Florida