Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

What are my options for my elderly mother with an income of $25K a year? My father passed away and had a car payment. Without his SS she could not keep the car. Plus she hasn't driven in nearly years. They repossessed the car and the finance company is suing her.

Asked on 10/07/19, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Did she sign the finance papers for the car? If not, the finance company has to try to recover from your father's estate.If there are no funds in the estate after funeral expenses, last medical bills, and taxes are paid, then they will not be able to recover the funds. They can only go after your mother if she signed the financing document.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/19, 6:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida